In our third DIY series post, the main star of this week will be classic green tea-featured in our Conffianz moisturizer with SPF 30.
As if this ingredient couldn’t get more calming, we’ll be using it to make relaxing matcha green tea bath bombs for an at home spa day.
Matcha is a powdered green tea, which is used in the Japanese Tea Ceremony (as well as baking and candies), is used rather than typical green tea in these bath bombs, for both quality and solubility. It can be purchased in Asian markets, online and from specialty grocers.
-1 cup baking soda
-½ cup citric acid
-¼ cup Epsom salts
-¼ cup corn starch
-2 tbs Matcha, (powdered green tea, baking grade is fine)
-2 tbs almond oil (also found in our Clear & Confident kit!)
-2 tsp water
-¼ tsp essential oil of choice
1. Mix the citric acid, Epsom salts, corn starch and Matcha powder together.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix very well.
3. Line a standard size muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners.
4. Scoop the bath bomb mixture into the liners, when near the tops, press down with back of a spoon or your fingers. Then add remaining mixture and press down again. Try to pat the tops relatively smooth.
5. Put the bath bombs aside to dry for at least several hours.
6. Once dry they will be firm. Gently shake or blow off any crumbs.